MCD Racing IBS Compression & Rebound Adjustable Rear Shock Absorber for RR5 Buggy - 64mm stroke (2pcs)
Developed over two years and already claimed European Championship Victory - the new Two Way Internal By-Pass Shock System is now ready to unleash on the racers!
During compression the main piston moves all oil to the transfer tunnel, the oil than moves through the compression needle valve, recirculates between the two cylinders and then back behind the piston. The piston is unlike normal pistons as it does not have any holes. Oil can only flow past the piston under high speed compression where the override shim blows excess pressure. This allows precise control over damping. During rebound the main piston moves all oil to the transfer tunnel, then through the rebound needle valve, recirculates between the two cylinders and then back above the piston. The compression and rebound circuit feature auto-adaptive dual-way check valves that allow the oil to by-pass freely on each other independently.
Operation and Features:
It is two-way adjustable providing a wide range of easy adjustment possibility. At the top of the CNC machined billet alloy valve block there are two-way valves. These are used to adjust the rebound and compression dampening while mounted to the car. Can you imagine a world where ervery grade of shock oil is available without ever changing the shock fluid! add to that the ability to have different dampening between compression and rebound - This just got serious!
Another great feature is the expansion chamber. or piggy-back reservoir. This keeps the performance of the shock absorber consistent as the oil changes temperature by allowing the fluid to expand and contract with no pressure change inside the shock. All of these features and adjustments allow you to fine tune the car like never before without even removing the shock from the car - Pure Brilliance!
- Auto adaptive dual-way check valve system
- Low friction CNC machined snap ring and piston
- Ultra hard coated 7075 Alloy internal cylinder
- Rebound & compression adjustment valve
- Rebound & compression transfer tunnel
- High speed compression valve
- Refill & maintenance needle cap
- Anodized 7075 billet alloy valve block hub
- Dual sealed shaft volume absorbtion floating piston
- High pressure generator spring
- Internal cylinder bleed holes
- Changable steel-composite ball-joint
- Spring preload adjustment wheel
- Anodized 7075 Alloy cylinder body
- Closed compression & rebound cell
- High pressure V-Ring seal
- Hardened chrome main shaft
- Manufacturer: MCD Racing
- Part Number: 320203X